Re: Why do we name nodes and not edges?

The important point is that you *can* talk about specific edges, as
resources. (How else would you do it?) It might seem awkward (seeing as
it quadruples the size of your database), but you don't even need RDF
Reification as such, if the database can natively assign an identifier to
each statement/edge. The concept isn't that much different than named
graphs/quads, with the additional constraint there may only be one RDF
statement per graph.

Whenever when you're getting into manipulating metadata, making statements
about statements, you're going to get into unique problems no matter how
you work with it.

Austin Wright.