Re: OWL2 RDF mapping and skolemization [was Re: OWL equivalentClass question]

On 07/15/2012 10:26 PM, Nathan wrote:
> David Booth wrote:
>> Correction . . .
>>
>> On Sun, 2012-07-15 at 19:10 -0400, David Booth wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your comments.  To get to the crux of the matter . . .
>>> Unless we're making a closed world assumption, that sounds wrong to me,
>>
>> I read Pat's statement backwards, so my response above said the opposite
>> of what I meant (as Peter pointed out).  What I *meant* was that I think
>> GS should entail G . . .
>
> it does?

Yes.  Skolemization adds information, so a skolemized graph (GS) entails the
original (G).

The "trick" of skolemization is that this additional information can be proven
to be irrelevant for many entailments, thus letting GS stand in for G in many
situations.

peter