Re: Additional usages for Semanticweb.org

Hi!

One of the use cases for semanticweb.org can be collecting informations
about SW companies. This can be benefitial both for the resourse, for the
company and for end users who want to know, what companies are making
business related to the Semantic Web.
1) It's good for semanticweb.org because wiki will be used more
intencively. Some of the companies will eventually decide to post
information about their projects.
2) It's good for companies. Some of them are too small to be in Wikipedia,
but can experience a need in self-promotion and search engine optimization.
Semanticweb.org rank on Alexa.com is big enough and Semantic MediaWiki can
provide Rich snippets for popular engines so that search results will be
prettier.
3) It's good for user who is interesing in semantic web technologies - a
younger scientist can make a good survey of the companies, a potential
customer of semanticweb solutions can have centralized entry point for
search the company she needs.

Presently there are some companies described on a wiki. But there is no
infobox for them and the are not shown on the Main page.

Sincerely yours,
-----
Yury Katkov