Re: Well Behaved RDF - Taming Blank Nodes, etc.

On 14/12/12 21:06, Ivan Herman wrote:

>> […]

>>> I think it would still be better to explain these things in a syntax
>>> independent way.  After all, I may want to use JSON-LD or RDFa...
>>
>>> Distilling the various mails and concentrating on bnodes only, what
>>> seems to be the pattern is
>>
>>> - bnodes can appear in at most one triple as an object
>>
>> 	AIUI, this restriction was added merely to allow for a simpler
>> 	WB-RDF definition.  It wouldn't be necessary should Turtle have
>> 	included a “inverse property” syntax.  (Which I doubt it'll
>> 	acquire in a foreseeable future.)
>>

> You are right, it will not... The current Turtle will go to CR soon (ie, early next year)

(hypothetically speaking)

It depends on what is the "subject" :-)

If inverse properties are just surface syntax, it would be appropriate
to use language like to talk inverse properties like:

object ^property subject

so the subject is still "the subject" of a triple.

	Andy