From: Martynas Jusevičius [mailto:martynas@graphity.org]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 5:51 PM
To: Timothy Armstrong
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
Subject: Re: Enhancing object-oriented programming with OWL

Timothy,

I understand you want to get the object model to work as close to OWL as
possible? But what is your motivation?

If it is to make systems more flexible and generic by enabling OWL features
in them, you might get better results by discarding the domain object level
altogether. I don't think this issue can be solved by trying to fix model
mismatches since abstractions are leaky (I dare to say ORMs have not
succeeded). The need for such complex development as compiler reengineering
is a good indication of this.

What is simple and works is keeping as close as possible to the single
pivotal model we currently have -- RDF/OWL, and its API such as Jena.

Martynas
graphity.org