Re: natural language visual interface for SPARQL

Hi.
On 19 Aug 2012, at 11:30, Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> lots in public funding spent to develop the SW, i would have thought
> this kind of feature would be a priority for research?
Actually, I don't think so.
If you are talking about giving that sort of semantic search to end users, then I think that would be rather bizarre.
Developers building apps for users, maybe.

I guess someone who is publicly funded might choose to put some effort into this.
> when something works a business model can be built around it
Well, yes, but I'd rather put my time into something I think is more useful.

The bottom line is that I think the delivery of semantic web technologies is about providing better material for the people building user interactions to make use of.
After 20 years of web user interaction development, to throw away and start again with "semantic" whatnots is not a sensible way forward.

> have a good Sunday
You too!