Re: natural language visual interface for SPARQL

On 18 Aug 2012, at 19:03, Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Hugh
>
> (while trying out the other services offered)
>

>>> how was this output obtained?
>> It's the outputs of shitloads of queries.
>
> thanks a lot,  looks neat and simple, and hides complexity, which is good.
Thanks - you recognised the aim.

> thinking of some kind of middle layer to simplify and some extent
> perhaps automate the complexity of the querying task, so that it does
> not require a highly skilled and experienced individual to put
> together a dynamic output
>

>> It accesses lost of services (http://www.rkbexplorer.com/services/), each of which makes perhaps many 1000s of queries, URI resolutions, and other logic, often of 100s (even 1000s) of sameAs URIs per resource.
>> And of course there is a complex caching system, etc. behind it, for performance reasons.
>

> can an interface be created to guide an inexperienced user to
> articulate this complexity and automate the process of publishing some
> dynamic output that you show
I can sort of begin to imagine how it might be done, but it would be quite hard work.
And so I can't make the business case to do it - not least because I don't have any customers who would pay for that at the moment, but do have customers who pay for us to do the configuration.
One day, perhaps.

Best