Re: natural language visual interface for SPARQL

Hi Paola,

You wrote...

*is there a visual input screen where the search/query values can be
entered/modified?*

You may like to run the example called *RDFQueryLangComparison1 *on our
site.  When you choose a question to ask, you get a window in which you can
open pull-down lists of suggested values to enter in order to focus the
question.

To run the example, please:

      1.  Point a Firefox or Chrome browser to
http://www.reengineeringllc.com

      2.  Click on Internet Business Logic

      3.  Click the GO button

      4.  Select *RDFQueryLangComparison1 *from the list in the middle of
the page

      5.  Check that the action at the top of the page says
            "Choose an agent and Go to its Question menu"

      6.  Click the Go button

      7.  You should now see a Question Menu

      8.  Click on the first sentence

      9.  You should now see a new window with an "Ask" button

      10. Click the Ask button (or optionally first open one of the
pulldown lists of values to focus the question)

      11. You should now see an Answer Table

      12. Click on "Go To the Question Menu" hold down the mouse button,
          select "Get an Explanation of the Selected Line" and release the
button

      13. You should now see a step-by-step explanation of how the system
          used the rules and facts in the example to get the answer

      14. Click on "Go to the Answer Page" hold down the mouse button,
          select "Go to View or Change the Agent" and release the button

      15. You should now see the application "program" that you have just
used.
          It's written in Executable English, and it's editable.
          (If you'd like to make changes, please make a copy first, using
the
           menu on the start page, then make changes only to your copy.)

      16. Please use the Help button on each page to see how to navigate
further

      17. The tutorials show how to write and run your own examples.

I hope this helps.  Thanks for comments and questions.

                                                    -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over SQL
and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering