Re: Parsing Microdata into RDF Graphs: URI Comparison

Martin,

I must admit I did not follow all the intricacies of the relative URI->full URI conversion, I usually rely on library functions (I know, I am lazy). But if what you say below is true, isn't that a bug in the microdata spec?

Ivan

On Oct 29, 2011, at 11:26 , Martin Hepp wrote:

> Dear all:
>
> We had a longer discussion on URI comparison in RDF settings earlier this year. Note that when it comes to writing Microdata parsers, which will be a common thing for LOD architectures, there is a new spec to observe:
>
>   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/urls.html#resolve-a-url
>
> AFAIK, itemtype URIs are never resolved this way, but itemprop and href URIs will.
>
> This may result to different behaviors of queries in RDF settings if the same markup is used in Microdata vs. RDFa.
>
> Best
>
> Martin Hepp

> martin hepp
> e-business & web science research group
> universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen
>
> e-mail:  hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org
> phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
> fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
> www:     http://www.unibw.de/ebusiness/ (group)
>         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
> skype:   mfhepp
> twitter: mfhepp
>
> Check out GoodRelations for E-Commerce on the Web of Linked Data!
> * Project Main Page: http://purl.org/goodrelations/

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153