Date: Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 10:00 AM
Subject: ontology - natural systems
From: PDM
To: syssciwg@googlegroups.com

Ralph

> The book also has a website -http://workingontologist.org/

Thank you, I am familiar with the excellent resource

But I must admit, I do not understand what you are trying to say
You mention 'ontological commitment' Principle 5  while I talking about
'minimal encoding bias' Principle 4:

4.  Minimal encoding bias: The conceptualization should be specified at the
knowledge level without depending on a particular symbol-level encoding.
 An
encoding bias results when a representation choices are made purely for the
convenience of notation or implementation. Encoding bias should be
minimized,
because knowledge-sharing agents may be implemented in different
representation
systems and styles of representation

FROM

http://tomgruber.org/writing/onto-design.pdf

> Until then I will have no further motivation to respond to posts from you
such as this one.

That's  a  relief   :-), thank you

PDM