Re: relational data as a bona fide member of the SM

On 2011-11-04, Frank Manola wrote:

> This is an excellent point. The best model for integrating
> database-style data (which is what I mostly think about) isn't
> necessarily the best model for other purposes, such as representing
> statements, [...]

See http://ycmi.med.yale.edu/nadkarni/eav_cr_frame.htm and the rest of
the EAR/CR work for my counterpoint. Obviously the triple model is
better of talking about data. But if you want to actually do something
real with the data in itself, a relational model is more useful. Those
two access models aren't then mutually exclusive.
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - decoy@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-50-5756111, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2