RE: Tools for semantic extraction

Dear Marlies,

this is our contribution:
http://art.uniroma2.it/coda/

we have addressed Semantic Extraction under the general point of view of providing facilities for doing it in general, rather than providing the nth SE tool
The first hypothesis is that much has already been done with respect to the Extraction of Information. For this reason, CODA stands on top of the UIMA standard for Unstructured Information Management and starts from where UIMA ends its purpose.
What CODA adds to UIMA is support for managing the structured knowledge produced by UIMA (annotations, and feature structures in general), for comparing them with information already available in a RDF semantic repository (e.g. performing identity resolution) and for projecting these knowledge structures onto the RDF repository, in the form of RDF triples modeled according to a given vocabulary (we defined a dedicated language for this, PEARL: ProjEction of Annotations Rule Language).

Hope it is of any interest. CODA is quite young, and the documentation may not always be complete, however, we're happy to fully support any inquiry on it,

Cheers,

Armando