Re: Best Practice for Renaming OWL Vocabulary Elements

From: Melanie Courtot <mcourtot@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 14:20:29 -0700
Cc: Michael F Uschold <uschold@gmail.com>, glenn mcdonald <glenn@furia.com>, Ryan Kohl <ryanckohl@gmail.com>, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
To: Marco Neumann <marco.neumann@gmail.com>
Hi Marco, all,

We have been using numerical identifiers in OBI, the Ontology for
Biomedical Investigations, and formalized this via the policy Alan
sent out earlier (see http://www.obofoundry.org/id-policy.shtml)
The OWL file is available at http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/obi.owl.
You will see that all entities have a numerical URI (individuals,
classes, properties...).

Cheers,
Melanie

---