Re: tFacet

List, I asked if SemLens and tFacet will be available on google code.
Philip replied "tFacet will be on google code in the next weeks.
SemLens is not sure yet."

Philip thanks, I thought maybe to share with list.
Funnily enough it is SemLens that attracts me.

I have always thought that a lens is a very powerful and under used visual
metaphor. (Because a lens implies the passage of something through it. I
think used most powerfully when capturing movement or transition.)
My thinking is to use something like SemLens to browse faceted results where
I understand faceted results to be objects returned with properties or types
enumerated. This seems more intuitive than check box selectors, and leads to
discovery in a way that check boxes do not. Anyway it would be a beginning
use, but this would not capture movement as I suggest though. Perhaps that
depends on the collection of properties?

It reminds me of the work at http://cpntools.org/
discussed in many papers including this [1] .
The work on Toolglass and Magic Lens by Xerox Parc [2] (Xerox Corporation
own the trade marks for these names.)
I think there is also the work on e.g. Piccolo from University of Maryland
[3], which covers issues associated with lenses.

Adam

[1]:Redesigning Design/CPN: Integrating Interaction and Petri Nets In Use
[2]:http://www2.parc.com/istl/projects/MagicLenses/93Siggraph.html
[3]:http://www.piccolo2d.org/