Re: URI itself is a resource?

On 05/02/2011 10:33 AM, Jitao Yang wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In [1], "the term "resource" is used in a general sense for whatever
> might be identified by a URI". Then is URI itself a resource or not? > If a URI can be identified by another URI?

Well, anything you can talk about and identify can be considered a
resource. URIs are no exception. However...

> Such as: I have a webpage W-1,
> and I move to a new webpage W-2, whenever people click W-1, then it will
> redirect to W-2 automatically. Therefore, can we consider W-1 as an
> identifier of W-2?

No... The fact that HTTP-GETting W-1 issues a 3xx Redirect to W-2 does
not by any mean allow you to infer that W-1 identifies the URI W-2 -- or
the resource identified by W-2, for that matter...

The only inferences that you can make from HTTP respones about what a
URI identifies are listed in [1].

  pa

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/httpRange-14/2007-05-31/HttpRange-14#ref-deref-table