ANN: EasyRdf version 0.6.0

From: Nicholas J Humfrey <njh@aelius.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:42:41 +0100
To: public-lod@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org
Hello,

On Friday I released version 0.6.0 of EasyRdf - a PHP library designed to
make it easy
to consume and produce RDF.

This release includes a couple non-backwards compatible changes in the API
- in particular,
creating a new EasyRdf_Graph object will no-longer automatically load it
of the web - you
must now call $graph->load(). This release also adds new SPARQL client and
graph store
client classes.

Homepage: http://www.aelius.com/njh/easyrdf/
Download: http://github.com/downloads/njh/easyrdf/easyrdf-0.6.0.tar.gz
API Docs: http://www.aelius.com/njh/easyrdf/docs/

There are a number of undocumented methods in this release - which I will
get sorted
out for the 0.6.1 release.

The full ChangeLog is as follows:

* Major re-factor of the way data is stored internally in EasyRdf_Graph.
* Parsing and serialising is now much faster and will enable further
optimisations.
* API is mostly backwards-compatible apart from:
  - Changed inverse property operator from - to ^ to match Sparql 1.1
property paths.
  - New EasyRdf_Graphs will not automatically be loaded on creation
    You must now call $graph->load();
  - Setting the default HTTP client is now part of a new EasyRdf_Http class
  - It is no-longer possible to add multiple properties at once using an
associative
array.
* Added methods to EasyRdf_Graph for direct manipulation of triples.
* Added new EasyRdf_GraphStore - class for fetching, saving and deleting
graphs to a
Graph Store over HTTP.
* Added new EasyRdf_SparqlClient and EasyRdf_SparqlResult - class for
querying a
SPARQL endpoint over HTTP.
* Added q values for each Mime-Type associated with an EasyRdf_Format.
* New example demonstrating integration with the Zend Framework.
* New EasyRdf_HTTP_MockClient class makes testing easier.

Please let me know if you have any problems or issues.

nick.