Re: Help needed: *brief* online poll about blank-nodes

From: Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 12:09:51 +0200
Cc: "Hogan, Aidan" <aidan.hogan@deri.org>, semantic-web@w3.org, Alejandro Mallea <janoma@gmail.com>
To: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>

On 18 Jun 2011, at 03:59, Jonathan Rees wrote:

> Your set of answers for question 1 does not include the one specified
> by RDF semantics.
>
> Namely, that John has a telephone number (which we may or may not know).

In the set of answers the following are interpretations consistent with RDF semantics:
1) John has a telephone number, but we don't know the number.
2) John has a telephone number, which is known but hidden from view (for example, for privacy reasons).
3) I do not want John's telephone number to be externally referenced.
4) I do not want to mint a URI for John's telephone number.

They all say: there is for sure at least a number for John, but in the graph there is no reference to it.

--e.