Partial and Overspecified Reifications in RDF

From: Dave Kolas <dkolas@bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:26:36 -0400
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Hi,

I am currently adding support for efficient storage and retrieval of
reifications to our triple-store Parliament.

I am currently concerned about how the implementation will handle
partial reifications, i.e,:

ex:Stmt1 a rdf:Statement;
    rdf:subject ex:A;
    rdf:predicate ex:B .

and how it will handle overspecified reifications:

ex:Stmt1 a rdf:Statement;
    rdf:subject ex:A;
    rdf:predicate ex:B ;
    rdf:object ex:C ;
    rdf:object ex:D .

The RDF specification does not seem to say whether this is a valid use
of the reification vocabulary.

Thus I am wondering whether A) this is considered valid RDF, and B) if
there any reasonable use cases for these constructs.

I appreciate any input you might have.

Thanks,
--Dave--