Epimorphics releases implementation of Linked Data API

From: Chris Dollin <chris.dollin@epimorphics.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 08:33:54 +0000
To: semantic-web@w3.org, uk-government-data-developers@googlegroups.com, linked-data-api-discuss@googlegroups.com
Here at Epimorphics [1], we have been working on a new Java-based
implementation of the Linked Data API [2]. I'm happy to announce
a preview release of Elda [3,4], the Epimorphics implementation of the
LDA, available from:

  http://code.google.com/p/elda/downloads/list

The current latest version is 0.9.10. The quickstart documentation
is at:

  http://elda.googlecode.com/hg/deliver-elda/src/main/docs/index.html

The Linked Data API provides a configurable way to access RDF data
using simple RESTful URLs that are translated into queries to a SPARQL
endpoint. The API developer writes an API spec (in RDF) which specifies
how to translate URLs into queries. Elda comes with some pre-built
examples which allow you to experiment with this style of query and
get started with building your own specs.

Chris

[1] http://www.epimorphics.com/web/

[2]  http://code.google.com/p/linked-data-api/wiki/Specification

[3] http://code.google.com/p/elda/

[4] repository: `hg clone https://elda.googlecode.com/hg/ elda`
     (you don't need this to run the demonstration jar).

--
Arcadian Bristles. Neither Greek nor a porcupine, and makes noises like a bird.

Epimorphics Ltd, http://www.epimorphics.com
Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT
Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number 7016688)