Re: please review: draft W3C SWIG Note 'Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets' (voiD)

DCAT vs. VOID:

It seems to me that one (DCAT) is the more general case of the other (VOID).
If so, then there should be a core vocabulary shared by both, and anything
new can be added as an extension.

If neither are proper sub-cases of the other, then it would make sense to
identify their overlap, create THAT as a shared vocabulary about datasets in
general. Then DCAT and VOID could both import that common core and extend as
they see fit.

Creating new variations of essentially the same thing should be avoided if
at all possible.

NB these are generic comments. I have not seen DCAT yet, so there may be
some special considerations.

Michael

--
Michael Uschold, PhD
   Senior Ontology Consultant, Semantic Arts