Re: [ANN] Release of Apache Jena 2.7.0

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:57:52 +0000
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
CC: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

On 23/12/11 12:44, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> On 2011-12 -23, at 07:33, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>
>> We are pleased to announce Jena 2.7.0,
>
> Congratulations!

Thanks.  It's a significant milestone for us.

>> the first Apache release of Jena under the Apache License, and the first release while Jena is incubating at Apache.
>>
>> The new website for Apache Jena is
>>
>>   http://incubator.apache.org/jena/
>
> A nit: What a shame that all pointers to the project will have to change
> if it changes from incubator status.   jena.apache.org would have been
> a better choice? (Or jena.org?)

That one is covered, I believe.  On migration, redirects are used so old
links continue to work.  It's all within the Apache infrastructure.

Migration into Apache necessarily involves link changes.  Fortunately,
we are able to leave some degree of redirection behind for much of the
material.

The general problem for published (semantic web) data remains though -
change happens; domain names aren't always controlled by the data
publisher at the time of publication nor later.

	Andy