Re: Re-using and labelling other people's terms

From: Andreas Gebhardt <andreasgebhardt@web.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 21:01:55 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org
> And Jeremy's logic also applies to owl:sameAs.  I.e., if people don't
> like it, they don't need to believe you.  So if you have reviewed the
> dangers of using owl:sameAs inappropriately
> http://www.slideshare.net/jpmccusker/owlsameas-considered-harmful-to-prov
> enance and you still think it is semantically correct for your purposes,
> then go ahead and use it.

an example of owl:sameAs usage were resources obviously *not* the same

                            --------------------

run the following query on http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql

 	construct { dbpedia:Cytochrome_c owl:sameAs ?o }
 	where { dbpedia:Cytochrome_c owl:sameAs ?o }

a subset of the result is like

 	<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Cytochrome_c>
<http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#sameAs>
<http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/drugbank/resource/targets/4967> .
 	<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Cytochrome_c>
<http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#sameAs>
<http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/drugbank/resource/targets/3221> .
btw.

 	<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Cytochrome_c>
<http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/page>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytochrome_c> .

get one more information leeds to

a) 	<http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/drugbank/resource/targets/4967>
drugbank:genbankIdGenePage
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/viewer.fcgi?val=BX572600>
b) 	<http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/drugbank/resource/targets/3221>
drugbank:genbankIdGenePage
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/viewer.fcgi?val=U05988>

a) Rhodopseudomonas palustris CGA009 complete genome; segment 8/16
   *source organism: Rhodopseudomonas palustris CGA009*
b) Pseudomonas stutzeri ATCC 11607 cytochrome c4 preprotein (CC4) gene,
complete cds
   *source organism: Pseudomonas stutzeri*

i think there *not* the same

	"Rhodopseudomonas palustris" - "Pseudomonas stutzeri"

Andreas