Re: How To Do Deal with the Subjective Issue of Data Quality?

> I subscribe to the doctrine that "data quality" is like "beauty" it lies
strictly in the eyes of the beholder

Interesting position.  Seems a bit post-modernesque...  I think there is
some truth here, just like beauty in a program, or an building architecture,
or an ontology -- people defninitely have different opinions.   However,
IMHO, it would be dangerous to conclude that all or even the significant
majority of issues of data quality are just matters of opinion.  This would
prevent doing the hard work of identifying some core principles that most
people can agree on most of the time.

I bet there are many many cases where you could ask people of  diverse
opinions and get clear agreement  by asking the simple question: is this
data high or low quality?   So maybe its like porn, you can't define it, but
most people agree when it is or isn't.

Michael

--
Michael Uschold, PhD
   Senior Ontology Consultant, Semantic Arts