Re: 303 redirect to a preexisting document

All of the user pages at ECS@Southampton may fit your bill, I think.
http://id.ecs.soton.ac.uk/person/21
303s to
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/people/hg
which was the existing user page.
Of course that page now has the URI in it, but essentially as more information about me that has become available in the meantime.

Similarly, the latest version of ePrints (eprints.org) now does RDF,
so some stuff goes on to sort out redirection to pages that had URLs.
Eg http://eprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk/id/eprint/21681

Cheers
Hugh

--