Re: problems programmatically downloading http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core

On Oct 29, 2010, at 20:21 , Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Actually the problem has passed ... it was strange.

Jeremy,

the W3C server was under some sort of a spyware attack the past few days (I do not know the technical details). That meant that the servers at MIT behaved erratically (including, eg, most of our wiki sites). I would think that was the reason for this, too.

Ivan

> On 10/29/2010 11:11 AM, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> we have a regular maintenance job written in Java where we cache various rdf files off the web including
>>            "http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns", ok
>>            "http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema",  ok
>>            "http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core",   *500
>>            "http://www.w3.org/2008/05/skos-xl", ?
>>            "http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/wine.rdf", *500
>>            "http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/food.rdf", *500
>>
>> The marked files have recently started giving us 500 responses - is this intended behavior? (Like it is with DTDs)
>> http://www.w3.org/blog/systeam/2008/02/08/w3c_s_excessive_dtd_traffic
>> Are other people impacted?
>>

>> Do we have a workaround other than to manually download and cache ourselves
>> How does it know that we are running a java client - how many headers would I need to fake before it will give me the file?
>>
>> Reading the above link - actually I will try setting the UserAgent to be "TopQuadrant's cache builder for TopBraid Suite"
>> it is only run internally by us.
>> I will update here in a bit as to whether that helps
>>
>> Jeremy

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153