Re: Everything is a Resource

Hello Svatopluk,

Am 26.10.2010 00:47, schrieb Svatopluk Šperka:
> There are rules rdfs4a and rdf4b which state that subject and object of
> every triple are resources.
Not really of every triple. You have to take into account the convention
stipulated at the beginning of Section 7:

"These rules all use the following conventions: aaa, bbb, etc., stand
for any URI reference, i.e. any possible predicate of a triple; uuu,
vvv, etc. for any URI reference or blank node identifier, i.e any
possible subject of a triple; xxx, yyy etc. for any URI reference, blank
node identifier or literal, i.e. any possible subject or object of a
triple; lll for any literal; and _:nnn, etc., for blank node identifiers."

i.e. rules rdfs4a and rdfs4b exclude literals. Literals simply are not
of type rdfs:Resource according to the current specification. There's a
long thread about a closely related problem on this mailing list:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2010Jun/thread.html#msg309

> These rules seem to me as special cases of rdfs2 and rdfs3 which are
> saying that subject/object of a triple can be assinged a type according
> to defined domain/range of a property in a triple. Only condition is
> that It would have to be given that for every property, its domain and
> range is class of all resources.
... which is not true, see above.

Regards,
Jakub