Re: rdfa vs. links

> With the data/metadata structure, shouldn't be a problem.

I'm unclear on what you mean here.

> Additionally, there are things that both the browser could do on the copy
> or that the page could do via Javascript.  You may have noticed that a
> number of newsy websites now automatically insert a source / copyright /
> link before text that you've copied from a web page.  That could be used to
> pull the proper context into the copied data/metadata region.

While browsers could do something, it seems unlikely that this will happen
in the near term. Having the page do it via Javascript would be a solution,
but it adds one more thing (and an undocumented thing at that) that users
have to remember to add when they add RDFa to a page.

I see the underlying concern here not as to whether a technically saavy
person can make it work, but whether the common user copying and pasting
text on the Web can make it work (or at least not screw things up). And
right now, that is definitely not the case.

-Lin

--
Lin Clark
DERI, NUI Galway <http://www.deri.ie/>