Re: Limiting a query by setting a maximum number of distinct values for a given variable.

Hi Damian,

On 16 Oct 2010, at 10:51, Damian Steer wrote:

> On 15 Oct 2010, at 21:23, Olivier Rossel wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to constrain my SPARQL queries to return all the data for the
>> first 100 towns, then all the data for the second 100 towns, etc ?
>>
>> Note: oh, by the way, in my app, I use CONSTRUCT and SELECT ! I don't know if
>> that is an important point. But anyway... :)
>
> It is important since you could do this using describe :-)
>
> DESCRIBE ?town {
> } LIMIT 100
>
> One of the many things I like about describe.

One issue here: DESCRIBE is implementation specific.
So while most endpoints will deliver all ?p ?o triples with ?town as a subject (even ?s ?p and ?town as object), you cannot be sure that all services will return the same thing.

However, in Olivier's case, I guess you're working with a single implementation so that may be ok.

Alex.

--
Dr. Alexandre Passant
Digital Enterprise Research Institute