Re: Are literals owl:Things?

That may be according to most (or all known) implementations, but I
don't think that's true for the DL-based semantics of OWL 2.  From [1]:

* \Delta_I is a nonempty set called the object domain.
* \Delta_D is a nonempty set disjoint with \Delta_I called the data
domain ....
* \cdot^C is the class interpretation function ....
      * (owl:Thing)^C = \Delta_I
* \cdot^{DT} is the datatype interpretation function ....
      * (rdfs:Literal)^{DT} = \Delta_D

Since \Delta_I and \Delta_D are disjoint, then (owl:Thing)^C and
(rdfs:Literal)^{DT} are disjoint.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-owl2-direct-semantics-20091027/#Interpretations

Jesse Weaver
Ph.D. Student, Patroon Fellow