SPARQL 1.1: functions?

[…]

 >> SELECT ( fn:concat(?G, " ", ?S) AS ?name )

[…]

 >> It makes me wonder, is there a way to introduce new values in the
 >> CONSTRUCTed graph?

 > Yes, You can use that projected value in your construct, using a sub
 > query:

 > CONSTRUCT { [] :name ?name }
 > WHERE {
 > { SELECT ( fn:concat(?G, " ", ?S) AS ?name ) ... }
 > }

 Thanks!  Somehow, I've missed subqueries altogether when
 scanning through the specification.

 (Unfortunately, Rasqal doesn't seem to fully implement SPARQL
 1.1 as of yet.)

 One more question: the SPARQL 1.1 specification frequently
 refers to XPath.  However, nowhere I see it stated in clear,
 which XPath functions are to be provided by a compliant SPARQL
 implementation.  Neither I see a requirement for such an
 implementation to provide all the functions.  Could this issue
 be clarified, please?

--
FSF associate member #7257