Re: A(nother) Guide to Publishing Linked Data Without Redirects

In my view, making the relationship between a URI and a document dependent on
the protocol interaction used to retrieve the document is fundamentally flawed.
  As someone else said recently, many applications "black box" the HTTP
interactions (I certainly try to do this), so depending on some detail of the
protocol exchange is problematic for such apps.

E.g. It should be possible to interpret the relationship appropriately (i.e.
usefully, and without material contradiction) if they are handed to one on a
memory stick, or are accessed by an FTP transfer.

The use of '#' indirection is one way to achieve this.

Another is Larry Masinter's tdb: URI scheme proposal
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-dated-uri).

#g