Re: Datatype normalization

From: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 18:12:44 -0800
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
CC: nathan@webr3.org, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

This discussion becomes clearer if we consider the 'date' "10/12/06"

The fact that the author of the RDF hasn't followed the specs enough to
know that this is not what people are expecting, means that it is clear
that we have to get inside their head at least a little, to make a
decent guess as to which day they might have been thinking about.
Knowing nothing at all about the author, means that we are likely to
just extrapolate our own cultural prejudices.

"10.2" only feels less problematic because our prejudices are stronger.

My "0.02"^^xsd:decimal dollars.

Jeremy