Re: Higher-arity to RDF binary

On Wednesday 19 May 2010 04:51:40 pm Jitao Yang wrote:
> 2010/5/19 Chris Dollin <chris.dollin@epimorphics.com>
>
> > On Wednesday 19 May 2010 01:39:52 pm Jitao Yang wrote:
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > In reference to http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-n-aryRelations/,
> > > suppose we define:
> > > "... the formula DescPr(*d, p, o*) , asserting that object o is a value
> > of
> > > property p in description *d*. ..."
> > >
> > > and we have:
> > > DescPr(*d, p, o*)
> > > DescPr(*d', p, o'*)
> > >
> > > the above formula could be represented by RDF like:
> > >
> > > :d
> > >        a                           :DescPr_description ;
> > >        :has_property       :p .
> > >
> > > :d'
> > >        a                            :DescPr_description ;
> > >        :has_property        :p .
> > >
> > > :p
> > >        a                          :DescPr_property ;
> > >        :has_value           :o ;
> > >         :has_value           :o' .

> > > representation.
> >
> > I don't think you can, and I think that's because it's not a good
> > representation (and vice-versa).
> >
> > I wasn't sure which bit of http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-n-aryRelations/
> > you were comparing/contrasting to.
> >

> I reference to case1 and case3 together from
> http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-n-aryRelations/,
> what is your idea of representing the formula using RDF?

I'd use case3, which seems the most natural to me for this
example, or perhaps case1 with a predicate-centric approach.

case3:

    [a Formula; relation p; on d; value o].
    [a Formula; relation p; on d', value o'].

case 1:

    p assertion [on d; value o], [on d'; value o']

Depending, of course, on what the conext was that I was working in.

--
"The process will be long and ... unreliable."                 Box, /Star Cops/

Epimorphics Ltd
Registered address: C/O Robson Taylor, Froomsgate House, Bristol
Registered number:  7016688