From: Joe Presbrey <presbrey@csail.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 15:44:51
To: Semantic Web<semantic-web@w3.org>
Subject: Re: FaceBook taking over the web, and semantic web

I was recently forced on login to manually match, disambiguate, and
convert nearly all my free-form profile areas to entities: nearly all
of them are wiki/dbpedia-sameAs'able.

Default graph permissions continue to get more an more open:
http://mattmckeon.com/facebook-privacy/

And, they have a real-time change notification/push API that works great.

I have been developing with their new Graph API for about two weeks
now after spending a year with their old API.  They are doing great
things to improve the precision and accessibility of the (linked) data
in their social network.  From a 3rd-party developer's perspective,
Facebook is finally back on the right track.

--
Joe Presbrey