Re: RDF Reification

Hi Nuno

I assume your question is about describing trust relationships with triples
rather than implementing a triple store.

Reification is not suitable for quoting but I see no reason not to use it to
specify qualities of an asserted friendship relationship. Having a class
:Friendship would be the more explicit approach, your trust property would
have domain :Friendship rather than rdf:Statement making the ontology easier
to understand. However having a friendship relationship expressed with a
single statement, not only makes some sparql queries simpler but also
potentially (if the individuals have lots of friend) much more performant,
if the triple store has optimization for reification also accessing the
additional properties of the friendship is faster than with the
Friendship-class approach.

Reto