RE: Package which transforms DL into FOL

[I'm not sure if this mail will go through dl@dl.kr.org]

Hi!

I can't point you to a concrete software package, but I have a few hints
below that might be helpful as a start to find such software.

But first, I wanted to mention that you will probably need to further refine
your question by telling which concrete first-order logic dialect or syntax
you want to see as output.

In principle, what you see on the right-hand side of the tables in the OWL 2
Direct-Semantics [1] are Standard-FOL translations of the different
constructs of the OWL 2 syntax, and therefore of an expressive description
logic (well, there are a lot of set expressions, but a translation of these
formulas into "real" FOL syntax is pretty straight-forward). But do you want
to see this particular format used in the OWL 2 Direct-Semantics as the
output? I guess not, because it's not directly machine processible.

There is a standard exchange syntax for FOL, called "KIF" [2]. The paper at
[3] describes the processing of OWL ontologies by (a modified version of)
the FOL theorem prover Vampire using KIF as a representation language. The
paper at [4] follows a related approach, but seems to use another FOL syntax
supported by Vampire, namely the TPTP syntax [5].

I can't tell for sure, but I'd say chances are good that the authors of
these people have used some translation software to these different FOL
syntaxes, so why not just asking them for such software?

Best,
Michael

[1] <http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-owl2-direct-semantics-20091027/>
[2] <http://logic.stanford.edu/kif/>