Contd: RelFinder - Version 1.0 released

Steffen Lohmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are happy to announce the release of version 1.0 of the RelFinder.
>
> The RelFinder is a tool that extracts and visualizes relationships
> between given objects in Semantic Web datasets and makes these
> relationships interactively explorable.
> It advances the idea of the DBpedia Relationship Finder by offering
> improved visualization and exploration techniques and working with any
> dataset that provides SPARQL access. Some key features are:
>
> - relationships even between more than two given objects (all
> visualized in one 'relationship graph')
> - easy configurability of the accessed dataset and search parameters
> (via settings menu or config file)
> - aggregations and global filters (based on relationship length,
> class, link type, connectivity)
> - highly interactive visualization (highlighting, red thread,
> pick&pin, details on demand, animations)
>
> The RelFinder is implemented in Adobe Flex and requires only a
> Webbrowser with installed Flash Player. Give it a try at
> http://relfinder.semanticweb.org and discover relationships that you
> have not been aware of before ;-)
>
> Thanks go to Jens Lehmann, Jürgen Ziegler, Lena Tetzlaff, Laurent
> Alquier & Sebastian Hellmann.
>
> Best regards,
> Philipp, Timo & Steffen

Phillip, Timo, Steffen,

I forgot to add the following to my last mail. Re. Virtuoso option, do
add an option for Inference Rules i.e., owl:sameAs (on | off), options
for users to refer existing rules etc..  The net effect of this is that
Relfinder will also be able to use smushing to enhance what it currently
offers.

To see how we do this look at one of the following, post completion of a
facet/pivot filter sequence:

1. http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct
2. http://uriburner.com/fct

When you describe an entity, note the "Settings" tab, this is where you
enable:
1. owl:sameAs inference context
2. select an existing custom inference rule (e.g. b3sifp which shows
custom use of foaf:name as an IFP).

Again, these are just options that simply augment the slot you currently
have for Virtuoso :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen