RE: wurvoc.org - linked open data for Quality of Life

ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program wrote:

> Can you elaborate on how this system adheres to or
> incorporates standards developed in the FAO Agris/Agrovoc system?
> See: http://agris.fao.org/about

Excellent point, thanks. The short answer is that the currently published vocabularies on wurvoc.org are not based on Agris/Agrovoc, and we have not yet linked our concepts to Agrovoc terms.

However, there is a clear overlap of course: various terms that we introduce have an official counterpart in Agrovoc. We do plan to make that more explicit in updates of our own vocabularies, by adding skos:relatedTo or owl:sameAs links to relevant terms in Agrovoc.

Content-wise I'd say that our vocabularies are less broad than Agrovoc is of course, but the wurvoc terms tend to have a little more in-depth detail. For example, http://www.wurvoc.org/vocabularies/food-additives/MethylCellulose does have an Agrovoc counterpart (http://www.fao.org/aims/aos/agrovoc/c_28458), but the wurvoc vocabulary contains more detail on its purpose (it's a food additive, and is used as an emulsifier), its origin and things such as its E-number.

Cheers,

Jeen
--
dr. J. Broekstra