Re: RDF 2.0 Wishlist - Legal RDF which I can't SPARQL

On 29 Jul 2010, at 15:43, Damian Steer wrote:

> On 29 Jul 2010, at 15:05, Mischa Tuffield wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 29 Jul 2010, at 13:51, Damian Steer wrote:
>
>>> Personally I would follow IRI and fix turtle. Why should RDF have its own URL/URI/IRI-ish syntax?
>>
>> Do you think that the same logic should be applied to rdfxml too ? Otherwise there will be things you can write in turtle and not in rdfxml which you can subsequently sparql, which simply doesn't feel right to me.
>
> Oh yes, s/URIRef/IRI/ everywhere possible. For reference, [1] provides the rationale for the original decision not to do this substitution.
>
> Damian
>
> [1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003AprJun/0031.html>

Thanks for the link, being an undergrad at that point in time, I didn't know what RDF was. I am guessing the key part of that email you linked is the bit which states :

>   RESOLVED (prop bwm, second gk, 0 agin, jjc abst)
>   We continue to use the term "RDF URI reference" [although
> we note that
>   the definition currently aligns with that of an absolute IRI ref.]
Which I don't think it true at the moment, but I may be wrong.

Thanks for the link,

Mischa
Mischa Tuffield PhD
Email: mischa.tuffield@garlik.com
Homepage - http://mmt.me.uk/
Garlik Limited, 1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW
+44(0)845 645 2824  http://www.garlik.com/