Re: inames.org and informationcard.net - any feedback from the semweb?

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Leo Sauermann
<leo.sauermann@gnowsis.com> wrote:
> Hi SemWeb,
>
> Via http://thepowerofpull.com/, I stumbled upon
> http://www.inames.org
> and
> http://www.informationcard.net
>
> sounds like a great thing that is somehow related to the ideas of data
> standardization in the semantic web.
> If I read through www.informationcard.net, I see the layer cake of RDF
> and Authentication/Authorization in front of my mental eye, making me
> wanting to eath cake.

The Social Web Incubator Group is looking at Infocards (and
alternatives such as OpenID and even simpler solutions like WebID),
and Paul Trethivick of the Infocard Foundation is in the Social Web XG
and participating in the telecons. None of these are necessarily
incompatible (OpenID, WebID, Infocards).

Feel free to join the Incubator Group:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/