Re: Where are the semantic web applications?

Hello Eyal,

Hugh pointed you to the description of how BBC's Worldcup 2010 microsite is powered by a triplestore, you can find more information on this in a blog post written by the BBC today :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2010/07/bbc_world_cup_2010_dynamic_sem.html

The National Gallery in the UK is also piloting some service which are powered off of a triplestore. The triplestore contains provenance information relating to the National Gallery's Raphael collection, and is powering the following microsite:

http://cima.ng-london.org.uk/documentation/index.php

Furthermore ZDnet's data dictionary is powered off of a triplestore (4store [GPLv3]):

http://www.zdnet.com/topics/RDF

QDOS, is another service which runs off of 4store too:

http://qdos.com/

Garlik's DataPatrol service is run off of a triplestore too (Garlik's proprietary 5store)

http://www.garlik.com/products.php

There will be information regarding how we at Garlik use semantic tech in Dave Wood's soon to be published book entitled "Linked Enterprise Data", which should be out soonish I guess:

http://zepheira.com/2010/01/call-for-chapters-linking-enterprise-data/

Mischa