Capturing the discussion (RE: Subjects as Literals)

Would anyone be willing to try to capture the results of this thread in
a page or two of consensus (neutral point-of-view) text that would
explain the situation to at least a majority of the folks who've jumped
in here with misunderstandings?

To my reading, you (Michael) and Antoine are expressing that most
clearly, if you'd be willing.

It would be good, I think, to incorporate the ideas and perhaps the
structure used at the workshop:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/RDF_Core_Charter_2010#Literals_as_Subjects

... but probably do it on another wiki page, eg:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Literals_as_Subjects (which does not yet
exist as I write this).

We could think of this as a FAQ response, where the Questions are
something like:
      Why can't I use Literals in the subject position in RDF?
      When are you going to change this?
      How can I work around this restriction?
and maybe:
      What would anyone want to use literals as subjects?
      What would it mean to use a literal as a predicate?

Hoping someone will feel inspired to tie this up with a nice bow,
    -- Sandro