Re: Show me the money - (was Subjects as Literals)

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:

<snip/>
> Something else that keeps coming up, a subset of owl always comes in to
> conversations, obviously owl:sameAs - there was a proposal from one Jim
> Hendler [1] at a RDF workshop thing to perhaps do something about moving
> these up a level to RDFS.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/rdf-ws/papers/ws31
>
> Didn't seem to get much feedback or thoughts (afaik), but given the climate
> perhaps it's worth giving some strong consideration to as a community.
>
> (Or just doing because it's a bloody good idea & would remove OWL from
> virtually every conversation we end up having).

I agree with this. In particular, I'd love to see an equivalent to
owl:sameAs in the rdfs namespace, probably with a more intuitive name,
like rdfs:equals. It would take OWL out of a lot of conversations.

There weren't any accepted proposals for working on RDFS at the
workshop, but that doesn't mean it can't still be done. However, it
would need a lot of public support if this were to be considered. If
people are interested, they should voice their opinions.

Regards,
Paul Gearon