Re: foaf-search.net now offers free API to search FOAF social graph

re

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 09:34:12PM +0100, Toby Inkster wrote:
> It would be nice if there were an "other people based near here" link
> next to foaf:based_here locations.

Did you see the "show map" link next to the location ? The map shows other
agents and places nearby.

> Would also be nice if your profile pages included embedded RDFa.

We do not republish information via RDF yet. If we do at some point in the
future, we will probably only republish the identifiers (uris, mboxes,
openids). Not event the names or nicks because I do not want too much people
searching their name in google be sent to our website. A good fraction of
those people will get angry about us. They will not understand that we just
republish public information that some social network has published as RDF
without asking them or explaining it to them before.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer