Re: XSD ontology

Hi Henry,

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I found it useful to put together a sketch of an XSD ontology for the Clerezza project http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/
> [...]

Very nice!  Will you also add rdfs:label's?

It might be nice to have the type hierarchy [1] in a machine-readable
format, as well, if there is an RDF property suitable for expressing
the subtype relationship.

> It seems that it should ideally be available at the xsd name space, though perhaps really as an RDFa document.

IMHO, an RDF/XML document would be useful, too.  I can imagine Linked
Data applications in which it would be nice to be able to navigate
through a literal value into some human-friendly information about its
data type.

>  Perhaps this can be useful to others, and if you find improvements, or mistakes, please let me know.
>
>        Henry

Thanks.

Josh

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#built-in-datatypes

--
Joshua Shinavier
Tetherless World Constellation PhD student