Re: Processing RDF in XML/XSLT workflows

From: Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:47:47 +0200
To: Johan De Smedt <johan.de-smedt@tenforce.com>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
Hi Johan!

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Johan De Smedt
<johan.de-smedt@tenforce.com> wrote:
> When publishing content, XSLT is a key technology.
> RDF however is kind of difficult to process with XSLT.
> Though there is an RDF/XML serialization, that standard allows for a variety
> of ways to express the same things.
>
> The notes below propose a restricted version of RDF/XML and some usage
> conventions.
> The objective is to make RDF easily processable by XSLT.

Have you seen Grit [1]? I had very similar needs, and decided to go
with a format explicitly designed for these use cases. So far I've
found it very pragmatic and workable.

I could have gone with "just" normalized RDF/XML, but then it wouldn't
be clear neither in the normalized data nor the XSLT using it that
there were restrictions in place. Grit is also a bit less verbose,
making XPath expressions using it less cumbersome.

Best regards,
Niklas

[1]: <http://code.google.com/p/oort/wiki/Grit>