Re: FaceBook taking over the web, and semantic web

ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Facebook plans to take over the web, by creating open graph based
> semantic content.
>
> See:
> http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/techtonicshifts/archive/2010/04/22/facebook-f8-internet-open-social-graph-semantic-web-twitter.aspx
>
> FaceBook has come under fire for selling information about users to
> marketing companies.
>
> Is this a serious threat to the open structure of the Internet and the
> linked data paradigm as envisioned by the W3C?

Simple answer: No, far from it  :-)

Great addition to burgeoning Web of Structured Data.

When you have Structured Data in place, Linked Data granularity and
tweaking is much easier.

I will soon have to drop "burgeoning" when characterizing the Web of
Linked Data. Things are accelerating as this whole Linked Data gig has
officially passed the point of "critical mass" re. broader Web :-)

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen