Perl and AllegroGraph (was: Re: Hacking RDF with Perl hackathon cancelled)

On Mon April 19 2010 Robert Barta wrote:
> While I personally do not much care about OWL these days, I would be
> interested to learn how to bring RDF::AllegroGraph::Easy into the
> realm of existing RDF::*. Is there an overview/blueprint/vision maybe?

I think the blueprint would be something we should have fleshed out F2F, so it
is a pity it didn't happen.

I think the direction we are moving is that RDF::Trine and RDF::Query is the
low-level API for doing this kind of stuff. Thus, my opinion is that it would
be great to have AllegroGraph as a RDF::Trine::Store, to be queried through a
RDF::Query::Model.

How exactly this should be done depends on several factors. Now, I see that
you interact with it mostly through HTTP. That's how we want to interact with
4store also for the time being, and then there is also SPARQL Update which
will provide us with a complete language to interact with a quad store.
Finally, there is the SPARQL HTTP bindings, which will provide a simpler and
more limited REST way of doing it.

Thus, there is potential for a lot of common code for working with RDF over
HTTP, so this is probably something that should be slightly coordinated.

Cheers,

Kjetil