sparql (1.1) endpoint compatibility for faceted browsing?

From: Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@semsol.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:56:38 +0200
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Hi,

I'm working on a faceted browser for remote SPARQL APIs and
wonder about a basic query structure that can work with a
variety of stores/endpoints. Below is a sample entry query
that I could successfully run against
* the data.gov.uk (i.e. Talis) stores
* ARQ/Jena
* ARC2
* at least one D2R endpoint (DailyMed)

Virtuoso seems to accept the query, but I didn't find an
endpoint that could return results before timing out (I only
tried the 2 huge ones, though).

If anyone knows of further store APIs that support the query
(or maybe a variation), I'd be very happy about a quick reply.

Here's the query:

SELECT ?facet (COUNT(?val) as ?vc) WHERE {
  ?id a ?val .      # (dummy-ish) filter patterns
  ?id ?facet ?val . # facet patterns
}
GROUP BY ?facet ?val
ORDER BY DESC(?vc)