Re: data quality

From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:43:05 +0000
To: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org, "Polleres, Axel" <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Hi Michael

> May I ask what you mean by "valid RDF" here?

any RDF which does not validate

> You refer to "many validators"? Which? There are, indeed, many, for
> different languages. Do you only mean the RDF validators?

sorry, maybe that was incorrect,  I took the word validators from third tab
on this
page

 http://pedantic-web.org/

> Maybe you can provide a serious example for what you mean by /invalid/ RDF?
> By "serious" I mean something that could really be found in some document
> on
> the web, where people believed that it would be valid, but it isn't (no
> typos).

I personally have limited experience with RDF
but  I remember once one of the RDF elements (fields? properties?) was
supposed to be a URI
but the RDF generator we used did not specify it had to be uri, so we
entered a word (literal?)
and validation failed, when a valide URI was entered, the RDF validated
I am sure the pedantic people will have compiled a catalogue of reasons why
validation fails?

hope I address your questions